Friday, January 18, 2008

Step One to Accomplishments

In the recent past, I had low self esteem about what I felt I could accomplish in life. This translated loud and clear in the jobs that I have had, to how much money I have made.

The funny thing is that I am multi talented, and those talents are recognized constantly by others. Why then couldn't I allow myself to see it?
Recently, there has been a shift in my thinking. It may have been due to my meditations, or to the fact that I no longer allow negative thoughts to control my mind.
I feel like a different person in the respect that I can acknowledge my talents. I don't deny them, nor do I allow myself to feel less than what I really am...Capable. This thinking has led me to do something that was previously just a dream. This Sunday, an article that I wrote will be published in the local news paper.

It is as if, by taking this one step, that I have torn down the walls of fear that have held me back for so long. Now, I feel like anything is possible. I hope that if you are reading this, and you can relate to this in some way, that you too can take the steps that you need to step out onto the other side of life where your dreams really are possible.

8 comments:

solel said...

Just as we are our own best friends, we are also our own worst enemies. It's like the Native American story about the two wolves. Which wolf will you feed?

"The only prison is self. The only freedom is self."
--Anonymous.

Alexys Fairfield said...

Bon Ami,
I applaud you for losing the fear and taking the right steps to fulfill your dreams. There is nothing like dreams fulfilled.
Congrats on getting your article published (I have been there and it is exciting.)

I celebrate you today. Take a bow.

Alexys Fairfield said...

Bon Ami,
Just wanted to invite you to my new blog,

www.soulmeetsworld.com

You may want to change your link to reflect that.

Hope to see you there.

Take care.

TheLaw26 said...

Congrats on accomplishing some of your goals. What are your methods for accomplishing your goals?

I use mediation every single to relax and prepare my subconscious mind to soak in my visions of a better lifestyle. However, I feel like I only slip into the "trance" for a brief moment. How do I stay in this moment for longer?

Another method I've been using lately is visualization with vision boards. Have you ever heard of them? They are images pasted on a board that represents your hopes, dreams, and goals. Studying these boards every days plants seeds of these goals within your subconscious mind.

Your subconscious mind is where all of habits are formed. Combine these visualizations with mediation and affirmations, and the seed in your subconscious mind will begin to grow, sprouting a newly developed habit that is oriented towards your desired outcome, or goal.

John Assaraf does a better job of explaining this and showing you how to do it in his new book "The Complete Vision Board Kit." I downloaded the free chapter here: http://tinyurl.com/56mfen

Diet Menu said...

Ya we must accomplish all at their work Nice post :).

Pain Management said...

Good blog :).

Online Nutritionist said...

feeling good to back here :)

Best Weekly Healthy Diet Menus said...

hmmm i agree ... :)