Sunday, January 6, 2008

Detox Diet Day 2


Oh, how I long for a warm cup.

If you have ever considered doing a detox diet, there is probably one important thing you should know. That one tidbit would be, namely, that it is rough. Now, I'm saying this on my 2nd day, and I can only hope that tomorrow I feel better.

If you plan on doing a detox diet, expect to have a headache, stomach aches, and low energy for the first couple of days. If possible, begin during the weekend, or during some alloted time off from work or other obligations. You will be glad that you did because pain relievers such as Advil or Tylenol are strictly prohibited during detox.

Here is a recipe for one dish, other than fruits and veggies, that I've enjoyed eating today.

Hummus Recipe

2 tbsp. Tahini
2 c. pureed, cooked garbanzo beans
1 1/2 cloves minced garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp. olive oil
Sea Salt to taste
Parsley garnish

1. Strain garbanzo beans and set juice aside.

2. Blend all ingredients including a splash of juice (as needed) to paste consistency.

3. Serve in a shallow dish garnished with parsley.

This makes a great dip for carrots or celery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!!!

I have always been interested in a detox but have been hesitant. It seems strange to me... Has there been any belly pain so far. When I think detox, I think "Stomach Ache from hell" lol

Well I hope it is going well for you! :) Good Luck!!!

Bon Ami said...

Good Morning Lucid,
Yes, I have been experiencing stomach pains, but they are secondary, for me, to the headaches. I'll go ahead and add that to the list of symptoms.
Thanks