Friday, January 4, 2008

The Detox Plan

My Future Body...No, Really...

I have been obsessed with doing a whole body detox for a while now. Finally, after hearing me yammer on endlessly about it, my husband bought me a box of "Whole Body Cleanse", a bribe to get me to shut up about it once and for all.

Though I haven't begun the process yet, I'm gearing up to start tomorrow. Let me tell you, if you haven't already done a detox yourself, it's tough finding appetizing recipes that fit the proper diet plan. I searched the net all morning for meals that will work with my goals. As I go, I'll be sharing my favorite detox recipes here in future posts.


Detox Food Do:
fresh veggies
brown rice
legumes- lentils, garbanzo beans, pinto beans, kidney beans

nuts and seeds
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
Detox Food Don't:

sugar
dairy
gluten (found in wheat products)
coffee (1 cup a day is acceptable.)
yeast
alcohol
chocolate:(
high fat foods
additives and preservatives (found in many, many packaged and canned foods)

1 comment:

solel said...

I can help you with that. I can come by every morning with coffee and DONUTS....

...and then we can get started.

Actually, I can just provide the coffee and donuts. After that, it's all you, ha, ha.

Seriously, though, good luck. :)